Soundtrack Saturday: 'Vampire Academy' by Richelle Mead

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Soundtrack Saturday

Soundtrack Saturday was created by Erin from The Hardcover Lover.

Guidelines: (Taken from the main page.)
1. You can use my image or make one of your own.
2. Please link me somewhere in your post.
3. Create a soundtrack or mini-soundtrack for your chosen book.
4. Add your name to the link-up tool so others can find and read your post.
5. Leave a comment on my blog post.


1. A Song That Goes Well With the Beginning: 
Where Did the Party Go by Fall Out Boy

This song's meaning is in the title. Where did the party go? In the beginning, Rose and Lissa return to the Academy and seem to lose the thrill of the outside world. The party disappears.



2. A Song That Fits a Character: Rose Hathaway
Warrior by Beth Crowley 

This song is about bravery and being thrust into a new world. Rose is a warrior. She's a hero, and she's a defiant girl. Most say this song represents 'The City of Bones', but it can also be related to Rose. 


3. A Song That Fits a Relationship: Rose Hathaway and Dimitri Belikov
Magnet by Vocaloid

Yes, this is a Japanese Vocaloid song that got dubbed by Sir Hamnet. Rose and Dimitri are attracted to each other even if they have restrictions to their relationship. This song is about love and being attracted to someone like a magnet.



4. A Song That Fits the Ending: 
Human by Krewella 

This song is about being human and being able to be hurt. At the end, we learn about Lissa's dark secret. She bleeds and seems to be human. This song captures that part of the book perfectly.

4 comments :

  1. I've never read any of the Vampire Academy books, so I'm kind of at a loss. But based on your descriptions of the characters and events, I think the song choices are great! :)

    Thanks so much for joining Soundtrack Saturday, Wren! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried my best. I was like, 'Oh gosh. I have to turn to Vocaloid to make things work...'
      This was really fun, scouring my playlists! How do you make your Soundtrack Saturdays? Where do you find your songs?

      Delete
  2. I loved reading Vampire Academy. Great song choices! They all fit very well. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Here is my post: http://bluebooksandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2015/07/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete