Ask the Blogger: Melanie from YA Midnight Reads

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ask the Blogger

This time on Ask the Blogger...
I'll be interviewing Melanie from YA Midnight Reads.

Who is Melanie?

Melavi pic


Melanie is a 15 year old student from Melbourne, Australia. She's known as that crazy melodramatic fangirl to her friends and loves spending her time procrastinating, fangirling over Percabeth, wasting her life away on Twitter and reading (duh). Addictions include gummy bears, ice-cream, coffee and binge-watching TV shows. The 100, HTGAWM and Sherlock are her true loves.

Note: I do not own any of the photos. All rights go the owners.


Why did you choose the name YA Midnight Reads?
I originally named the blog The YA Book Lover when I first started blogging. I KNOW. I give you permission to cringe, go ahead. I honestly have no idea what was going on in my brain when I first named it that. It was a on the whim decision, really. I ended up changing the blog to YA Midnight Reads just a few weeks later after that and to be honest, I can't remember why I chose it! I guess I used to read till really late (or really early in the morning, however you see it) and I thought it was summed up my reading life pretty well. YA books + late nights.


Why did you guys decide to co-blog together?
I have to co-bloggers, Celine and Larissa, but I blogged by myself to begin with. I started YA Midnight Reads back in Year 7, and it was really easy to keep it running by myself (I posted pretty much every day without fail) because the school I went to was really light on the homework and it was close to home so I didn't spend much time travelling home. But then in Year 9, I changed schools and the commute is 2.5 to 3 hours all up each day, and I get piles and PILES of homework, hence less time for blogging and reading. And because I didn't want my blog to be suddenly inactive, I thought about recruiting 2 co- bloggers, so I made a blog post about it asking for applications if anyone was interested. Larissa turned out to be one of the people who applied. As for Celine, she and I already knew each other as she had her own blog, but we were both talking about how hard it is to juggle school and blogging, so we decided to join forces!

What's your favorite series? 
HARRY POTTER. PERCY JACKSON. CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY. *flails* *dies*




Which book world do you want to live in?
Most definitely want to live in the Harry Potter world! I was obviously destined to go to Hogwarts *hair flip*


Who is your OTP? 
Anyone who knows me knows this one. My ultimate OTP of all OTPs is Percabeth (Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan). They were my first ship ever and have always remained my favourite even though it's been more than 2 years now. They possess my two favourite romance tropes: the hate to love as well as SLOW BURN. HELL YEAHZ. 



Which book guy makes you swoon the most? 
Okay, this question is like, VERY HARD. There are many. Here's just a few:
  • Rafa from The Rephaim by Paula Weston
  • Miles from Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
  • Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
  • Percy from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
  • Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
What do you do in your downtime?
Read (duhhhh), raid the pantry, binge TV shows, catch up on much needed sleep, heh.


If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what food would it be? 
I get sick of the same food after a while no matter how much I love it so this is really hard. I think pizza? At least there are different toppings... right??

What superpower do you want? 
This isn't really a superpower, but I would love to be invisible whenever I want. I MEAN, THINK OF ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD DO. It'd also come really handy in awkward situations. I could just - VOOM - vanish into thin air and avoid all the awkward cringe-y-ness.



Where would you create base camp if you lived in a zombie apocalypse? 
ON THE MIDNIGHTIAN BOOK FORT OF YA MIDNIGHT READS. (Yes, this is a thing. Only special people can see it though, so...)

Thank you, Melanie!

No comments :

Post a Comment