Introducing MC from Blame It On The Books!

Saturday, December 26, 2015
Guest of the Month Club is hosted by Emily Reads Everything. Go check her out!

Today, I'm introducing MC to my readers. Please give a warm welcome to MC! 


Okay. Maybe don't spaz out on me.

i-FcdWTwk-XL

Hi everyone! I’m MC and I blog over at blameitonthebooks.com. It’s been lots of fun getting to know Wren and I’m excited to be here on her blog today! It’s the holiday season once again - the time when we start talking about all of our favorite traditions. Well, I don’t have too many holiday traditions, but I have a couple small ones and they are good enough for me.

Family-wise, we only have one tradition that stays the same every year. My parents and I always eat cookies for breakfast on Christmas day. Growing up, we rarely had the time to eat any meals together, and now I live on my own, so it’s one time of year that we actually sit at the same table and eat together. And we eat yummy cookies! We also meet up with the extended family on Christmas day, but that gathering is always changing every year.

Friend-wise, my best friend and I always go shopping in the days after Christmas. We both suck at shopping and this is one of the only times that we ever go to the store. We seem to have good luck when we are together, but we hate shopping apart, so we use this time to stock up on new clothes for at least the next six months.

At work, a coworker and I have developed our own little tradition. We watch a short film - The Madagascar Penguins in A Christmas Caper. It’s hilarious and we quote every line and we say which characters remind us of the people we work with. We have been doing this for six years now, and a lot of things have changed in those six years, but it’s nice that every holiday season we can take a few minutes and spend time together.

Personally, I always watch The Santa Clause every single year. Even growing up, I usually watched it by myself. ABC used to have Sunday night movies every week in the 90s, and every year they played this movie a few weeks before Christmas. That’s pretty much what started this tradition for me, so thanks ABC. I remember hiding away in my parents’ bedroom to watch it on their TV and telling them to leave me alone until it was over. I guess I really wanted my very own tradition. It is my all-time favorite movie all year round, and I’m positive I can quote every line to you.

Thanks so much to Wren for hosting me on her blog! This was fun! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments :

Post a Comment