Why I Dropped 'KonoSuba'

Friday, August 19, 2016

With the second season of 'KonoSuba' nearing in the fall of 2016, I decided to give it a try. It has high ratings on Myanimelist (Which is how I figure out what finished anime to watch.) Why not? 
I thought this would be a better version of 'SAO'. NEET guy goes to another world with cute girl and has to survive. But, honestly, if we're going with that idea, I might as well watch 'Re:Zero' an anime that actually does this overused video-game-esque-world right. (Which I know because I've seen one episode.)
This has to be one of the worst decisions of my life. 



The main reason I hated this was because of Aqua. When we first see Aqua, she is basically being a nuisance from Day One. She taunts the Dude (Whose name I forgot so he will henceforth be known as the Dude) about being dead. Honestly, his overreaction would be normal. He died from shock. And peed his pants. And people laughed. I'd be embarrassed too. Aqua had NO RIGHT to tease him about that. He's a NEET. What did she think would happen? She was being downright rude. 
The other thing that I hated about Aqua was that she was hypersexualized. We spent half the episode look at her butt crack. And I doubt she is wearing any pantsu (Or underwear.) I'm sorry, but I'm not into that fanservice. It's doled out liberally in this anime, and I couldn't stand it. Sure, a face-to-boobs scene is normal in anime, but this is taking it too far. Take out the fanservice, and I might be okay with trudging through another episode. But it was so bad.



Next problem the Dude. He has no personality. His character traits are: NEET and useless. That's it. He's not like the honest-to-peanut-butter helpful Subaru ('Re:Zero'.) Nor do I expect him to be but at least Subaru had a personality. The Dude exudes NOTHING in the personality department. He's a NEET, and that's all you'll ever need to know about him. Even the Harem Hottie* himself (Kirito, in case you're wondering) has more personality. Not A personality but more OF a personality. 
The Dude doesn't live in reality. He assumes his NEET knowledge will help him get through everything. I'm not shocked by this, but does he honestly think he'll randomly be given tools and magic? That's not how life works. Not everything will be handed to you on a silver platter. Grow up.

The characters were a sore spot for me. But the entire anime doesn't seem to be anything special. So I'm not continuing on.

*PS: I used a lot of names like Harem Hottie. But I'll never use those again. Anyways, most people call Kirito God or Jesus-kun. So.


What did you think of 'KonoSuba'? Are you excited for season two? I know I'm not going to watch it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment