Top Ten Tuesday: Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession

Monday, July 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This Week's Topic:

Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession

Some of these books came to me through this amazing thing called Overdrive. (My library has made Overdrive accounts for all of its patrons. Awesome, right? I swear I have the best library in the WORLD.) Others came from BookCon. And the last bout of books were from the Guardian. THANK YOU, GUYS! 

Overdrive:

You'll notice that a lot of these books aren't newly released, aka they were published some time ago. Overdrive doesn't always have the new releases I want, so I'm catching up on the older books. 

186606692282133104290921281255013618440

Print:

The following books came from BookCon as ARCs. All of these are NOT ones I am giving away for my BookCon Surprise Box giveaway. (Go check out my giveaway, though! You could get some AWESOME books.)
'The Rest of Us Just Live Here' was a lucky find. I stopped by the Epic Reads booth early on, and they had this book there. I snatched one up and got a magnet set and ran off. (I'm a ninja. I take all of the books and leave without anyone noticing me.)
'Another Day' was given to me by a friend I met in line for the Melissa de la Cruz signing. I went through signing line; she went to the morning breakfast. And she got this and 'Illuminae' for me! Such a nice girl! 
'Auggie & Me' was something I got into a line for. It was a short line, though. And I got it signed. AWESOME.

229109001845985525324132


These two came from the Guardian. A review I wrote was featured on their recommendations post, and I got these two ARCs as a result. (The review was for 'We All Looked Up' by Tommy Wallach.) 

1585093725648858



11 comments :

  1. Now that is a nice list of books! My library has overdrive as well. it's a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Overdrive is god. It's amazing. I would be struggling if I didn't have it. And simply not reading!

      Delete
  2. WOW! You've got a lot of fantastic books in your haul! I have owned the VA series for far too long but have never started it and I really need too! I hope you enjoy all of these! :) Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! And there's nothing wrong with catching up on older titles - I have a few of those in my TBR as we speak (and still need to buy myself Laini Taylor's third one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The third one isn't bad. But it was a bit dull. But if you adore Akiva and Karou, you'll love it!

      Delete
  4. My library uses overdrive too for ebooks and I love it! I can go a little overboard sometimes though and get way too many books at one time. I need to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series yet, I know everyone loves it. I really enjoyed the Girl of Fire of Thorns! Hope you enjoy!
    Mallory @ The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Overdrive is awesome. I'm traveling right now, and without it...I would have NO BOOKS. -gasp- I'm trying to control my urges to borrow all the books on my wishlist.
      It's not too bad of a series. I didn't LOVE it or anything, but it was pretty good.
      I can't wait for the next book in Rae Carson's series. I'm in line for it right now. Are you going to read her Gold Rush book that comes out later in the fall?

      Delete
  5. Great list! I really enjoyed Vampire Academy but I have yet to check out the rest of the series. Have an awesome week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty awesome. You should totally read them! I'm on the third one myself. It has the BEST first page EVER.

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! I just checked out We All Looked Up and I look forward to reading it. I've read the first three books of the Vampire Academy series but I want to read the spin-off series.

    Check out my Top 10 Tuesday and follow my blog: https://princessicaofbooks.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/top-10-tuesday-last-ten-books-that-came-into-my-possession/

    Thanks, xx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an okay book. I didn't adore it or anything.
      Ah. The spin off. I'm not sure I wan to read it at all. I'm good with Rose and Dimitri and Lissa and Christian.

      Delete