Why I've Totally Not Edited (Aka Excuses): Beautiful Books Three

Thursday, December 17, 2015
bb-redone

Another episode of the Beautiful Books link-up with Cait and Sky!
And this is where I prove that I'm an awful writer. 

1) On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), how did the book turn out? Did anything defy your expectations?
Haha. I didn't finish my novel. Haha. Procrastination! I still have like...four chapters left. Haha. It's awful, though. A negative infinity. It's so awful. There is boring repetition and whatnot. And I have lots of inconsistencies. Plus, I'm moving onto MAIM. I'm not good at finishing projects...
See? I'm totally good at faking laughter. 2) Comparative title time: what published books, movies, or TV shows are like your book? (Ex: Inkheart meets X-Men.)
Uh...no clue. I hate comparing different things... 
Maybe Paper Town's Margo Roth Spiegelman meets...ugh. This is too hard...

3) Do you enjoy working with deadlines and pressure (aka NaNoWriMo)? Or do you prefer to write-as-you’re-inspired?
Deadlines because I'd say I'd write but never write. Procrastination team!

4) How do you go about editing? Give us an insight into your editing process.
I don't typically edit. Haha. I didn't edit my first NaNo. My dad did. And I never worked on my second NaNo. And FSF was edited by the chapter. (But then I dropped that project too!)

5) What aspect of your story needs the most work?
All of it. No, I'm being serious. All of it.

6) What aspect of your story did you love the most?
I'm not sure. I kinda hate all of it. But I kinda like the family and whatnot. I have some awesome mother and daughter moments. Might have to cut them, though.

7) Give us a brief run down on your main characters and how you think they turned out. Do you think they'll need changes in edits?
 Trixie is still interesting. Still reckless. But gets more reckless. McLaugan and Faith both get really fed up with Trixie. Really fed up. Like they want to kill her fed up. Or leave her. I might have to add Trixie's symptoms and her relationship with Faith more. That's what I think. After I finish, of course. Might do that over winter break.
Plus, editing changes EVERYTHING.

8) What are your plans for this novel once you finish editing? More edits? Finding beta readers? Querying? Self-publishing? Hiding it in a dark hole forever?
Hiding in a dark hole probably. Haha. It's not good. I might put it on Wattpad. Dunno. But publishing won't happen. It sucks. I'd rather have Ravensoul or MAIM or my time travel story published

9) Share a favourite snippet!
Uhm. I'm supposed to have a favorite? Um...

10) What are your writing goals and plans for 2016?
Well. I have MAIM a video game story in the works. It'll be the project I work on during the winter break (maybe.) It's really cool. I actually really like it. You might too. And the MC is pretty cool. And I get to write an asshole character Shenadoah Russ. It'll be fun. And then there's my I-think-it'll-be-my-2016-NaNo. It's about this guy who is an assistant to the guy who improved time travel. (It was there. But it was expensive and icky and ugly.) Kinda an eccentric Doctor-type inventor. It's actually a murder mystery. Can't wait for that. I do adore the MC Ziri this shy but smart guy. And...Ravensoul. It's my pride and joy.  It's always in the works. It's gone through major changes from when I originally thought it almost two or so years ago. It's always there. I'm not sure how it'll go now. Not sure I'll write it soon. But it's there. I'm always working on it. I also have other story ideas. And in case you're wondering, titles mean a lot to me. MAIM was a complete coincident. But now the MAIM series will all have titles that spell out words that are related to death and whatnots. Like I'm thinking MURDER and MORTEM. Stuff like that. You'll get it later on. Who knows? That actually might be my NaNo, and FSF (a fangirl finding love) might be what I work on before NaNo starts. Or I might just edit Trixie's story until then. Writing is never linear for me. It's fluid. I do what I want when I want. And back to titles, my Trixie story seems all cutesy, but it really isn't. I like duping you to think one way. Well, it's ruined now. But still!

No comments :

Post a Comment