Summer 2016 Animes I'm Excited For

Friday, June 10, 2016

Summer 2016 has started, and that means summer anime! If you check out Honeyfeed (my main source for all anime news), they've been releasing descriptions and all that fun information. 
I have a lot of summer animes I want to watch. But I'm super excited for the following ones. (Please note that they are not in order. It's mostly whichever one I put down on my spreadsheet first. And, yes, I have an anime spreadsheet. A book one too.)

ReLIFE

ReLIFE

Who wouldn't want to repeat their high school life? Okay...me. (High school is so not fun.) Kaizaki Arata gets this chance to become a seventeen-year-old again. 
But this has an interesting sci-fi premise that I'm interested in. A lot of the world building really. How does the pill work? Does he still have the mind of an adult? Hm...let's wait and see.
Apparently, this came from a web manga, but I've never heard of or read this said manga, so I'm going in blind. (But who says going in blind is bad?)
Also, I'm getting bad 'Erased' vibes here. The 'older guy in a younger guy body', you know? Well, at least this is slice of life and not...say...mystery. Or I'd call copycat and be done with it.

Orange

ORANGE

I didn't read the manga of this. But I really am interested in stuff like this. 
The basic premise is a girl gets a letter from her future self, asking present day girl to make the right decisions.
Ah! The idea makes me shiver. I love this. I know there will probably be romance, but I honestly don't care. As long as it's a sweet and loving anime, I'm sold. 

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

Kono Bijustubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

I know I'm breaking my 'I'm not a fan of slice of life/school' anime streak here with this one. But it looks super cute. I love the visuals, and who doesn't want to know about a cute art club? I love the idea, and I can't wait to see this one with its eccentric characters. Especially Subaru Uchimaki because 2-D waifus FTW. 

Scared Rider Xechs

Scared Rider Xechs

The second I see 'harem' in an anime, I skedaddle. I'm NOT watching another harem.
Except for maybe this one. 
I'm fighting my instincts on this one. Because RIDERS? I loved Celty from 'Durarara' (Try saying that ten times fast) and her badass bike. I would love to see how these riders match up to the Queen of Biking (That's what I call Celty anyways.) 

Fukigen na Mononokean

Fukigen na Monokean

Reason one why I want to watch this show: Abeno Haruitsuki. He's an adorable blond who is 'morose' (As seen in the show's name) and can see and help youkai.
Reason two why I want to watch this show: youkai. I love these Japanese spirits. They're so cute. I love their stories too. (Ehem 'Natsume's Book of Friends' anyone?) 
I can't wait to 
Also, look at that little ball of fluff on that dude's shoulder. Adorable. 

Tales of Zestiria the X

Tales of Zetiria the X

No, I haven't seen any of the other 'Tales' anime. Sorry. But this show has gorgeous art. I really love it.
Plus, it has some amazing fantasy premise. And with all the supernatural/slice of life/school anime I'm watching this season, a hardcore fantasy will definitely sate my appetite. 

These are my most anticipated summer animes, but who knows? Maybe another will join this list. I'll update you guys when the time comes. 

PS: Does anyone else see how many idol animes are coming out this summer? WAY too many if you ask me. WAY too many.

No comments :

Post a Comment