First Episode Test: Summer Anime 2016 Pt. 2 ('Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga aru', 'Amanchu!', 'New Game')

Thursday, July 14, 2016



Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! focuses on an art club in a certain middle school, and its members: Subaru Uchimaki, who is a genius at drawing faces, but only wants to draw the perfect 2D wife; Colette, a rich troublemaker who never stops making mischief; and the club president, who sleeps through sessions and collects sleeping aids. Mizuki Usami is the only person in the club who wants to do art club-like activities, and constantly struggles to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Did I enjoy the episode?
Not really? It was fine. Not the best or anything.

2) Did I get something out of this episode? Did I laugh or cry or smile? 
Not particularly. I didn't even smile really. The jokes weren't too funny or anything.

3) Does the plot seem promising? Is there good rising action and a possible conflict? Or is just mindless blah blah?
This anime seems to be broken up into sections. From what I see now, things will be episodic. Which I'm okay with, but I'm just not sure what the plot is exactly. 

4) Do I like the characters? Do they have interesting backstories? Do they have interesting personalities and motivations?
Does anyone else feel like Usami is Luluco from 'Space Patrol Luluco'? 



She has wild feelings for a person (Uchimaki in this case) and has a hard time telling him. Plus, her seikyuu just SOUNDS like Luluco's. I didn't like her or hate her. She was just meh for me.
Uchimaki seems interesting. He's into 2D girls. A lot of people are like that, but I want to know why. Why did he get into that? Why doesn't he liked 3D girls?
And there's an unseen third member. So I'm intrigued. Who is this person? And why aren't they there?

5) Do I like the art style?
Yeah. It's very cute. The faces are all round. And the characters are all very cute. But...not much other than that. (But doesn't it feel a little meta for them to draw manga style in their art? I don't know. It feels a bit meta to me.)


Verdict:
I'm going to continue watching. I want to see what happens. But I have a nagging feeling I'm going to drop it. 



Hikari Kohinata is a cheerful 15-year-old girl who lives near the ocean and she spends much of her time diving as a result. On her first day of high school, she meets a teacher who also likes scuba diving. There's also a 16-year-old classmate, Futaba, who gets dragged along in Hikari's maelstrom as soon as they meet at school. Most of the manga so far details the relationship between the two girls, which quickly seems to move into romantic two girl friendship-territory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Did I enjoy the episode?
It was cute. Not too interesting otherwise.

2) Did I get something out of this episode? Did I laugh or cry or smile? 
I smiled. A little. Hikari was pretty cute. And Futaba's worryings were kinda funny.

3) Does the plot seem promising? Is there good rising action and a possible conflict? Or is just mindless blah blah?
It seems like a friendship story. Which can be great. But I just feel a little...disappointed by the lack of scuba diving. Maybe they bond over it? I didn't actually read the premise. I started this anime because of hype.

4) Do I like the characters? Do they have interesting backstories? Do they have interesting personalities and motivations?
Hikari is all cute. And energetic. But I got tired of that. She was too peppy for me. 
And Futaba is pretty...introverted. She had friends at her old school but moved and has to adapt to that change. I want to see her change, but if it takes too long, I'll be bored.

5) Do I like the art style?
It was fine. Not the best. Their eyes were a tad creepy for me. And their school uniforms look impossible to walk in. They're basically mermaid tails. But with a hole for feet. 
And I wasn't a fan of the whole chibi thing. Sure, it looked fine, but Hikari stayed in that chibi state for a long time. Which got old...fast. Her chibi face looks like a frog's...


Futaba is on the left; Hikari is on the right.

Verdict: 
I'm going to cautiously watch this. People say it'll be the cutest anime of the season, but, for that title, I'm leaning towards 'Morose Monokean'. This anime is cute. But nothing special to me. 


The main character Suzukaze Aoba graduates from high school and joins a game company. The person who made the game that Aoba loved as a grade-schooler just happens to be Aoba's senior at the company. The story follows girls who work and aspire at the Eaglejump company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) Did I enjoy the episode?
It was cute... I mean, it was fine. 

2) Did I get something out of this episode? Did I laugh or cry or smile? 
I did smile a bit. The 'being left outside because of a lack of ID' was cute. (But it got boring after the second go.) And that pull-out snack table? AMAZING.

3) Does the plot seem promising? Is there good rising action and a possible conflict? Or is just mindless blah blah?
It seems to be a typical slice of life. There'll be some problems with the game and a lot of bonding. Nothing special.

4) Do I like the characters? Do they have interesting backstories? Do they have interesting personalities and motivations?
They seem normal. I'm mostly interested in how they draw. Haha. But the main character Aoba is cute and nervous, but I hope she comes out of her shell!

5) Do I like the art style?
It's very moe. VERY. The characters are all cute and adorable. I don't mind this particularly, but it started to get a bit old. 

Verdict:
I will watch this. But I might drop it

Have you seen the first episodes for these animes? Will you watch them?

No comments :

Post a Comment