First Episode Test: 'Tokyo Ghoul Root A', 'ReLIFE'

Thursday, July 28, 2016


In Tokyo Ghoul √A, monsters live among humans, looking like them while craving their flesh. That is the world Ken Kaneki has struggled to navigate ever since a first date went horrifically awry and transformed him into a half-human, half-ghoul. For months, he has fought against his new cannibalistic hunger and violent tendencies. But after being captured and tortured by a sadistic ghoul, Kaneki has accepted his darker half as his only means for survival.

His choice could not be more timely. Tokyo has become a battleground between humans and ghouls. The CCG, a government agency created to deal with the perceived ghoul threat, has ramped up its efforts to eradicate the inhuman monsters. In response, the terrorist ghoul organization, Aogiri Tree, has made destroying the CCG its priority. And throughout it all, the ghouls who frequent the coffee shop Anteiku merely want to live a peaceful life. But Kaneki, who worked at Anteiku while he attempted to reconcile his human and ghoul halves, makes a shocking decision: he joins Aogiri Tree. Even as his choice sends shockwaves through his newfound friends, many more questions are raised. What is Aogiri Tree's true purpose? Will the CCG triumph over the ghouls? And has Kaneki truly betrayed his friends and everything that Anteiku stands for?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Did I enjoy the episode?
Yes. I did. It was pretty interesting. And full of action.

2) Did I get something out of this episode? Did I laugh or cry or smile? 
I was on the edge of my seat. What happened to Kaneki? Why Aogiri? I'm confused. But intrigued.

3) Does the plot seem promising? Is there good rising action and a possible conflict? Or is just mindless blah blah?
Okay. We're plunged into the conflict. I was lost for a while since I don't remember what happened in the last episode. But I got it after a few moments of fighting. I know want to know who these new people are.

4) Do I like the characters? Do they have interesting backstories? Do they have interesting personalities and motivations?
I'm confused about Kaneki. Why join? I think we'll see soon. But I don't get it. There's no reason to.

5) Do I like the art style?
Of course. It's gorgeous. Bloody and gorgeous.


Verdict: 
Definitely interested in this one.



The story follows Kaizaki Arata, a 27-year-old jobless man, who fails at every job interview he had after quitting his last company. His life changes after he met Yoake Ryou of the ReLife Research Institute, who offered him a drug that can change his appearance to 17-years-old and to become a subject in an experiment for one year. Thus, he begins his life as a high school student once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Did I enjoy the episode?
Sorta? Not really?

2) Did I get something out of this episode? Did I laugh or cry or smile? 
I didn't smile or cry or laugh with this episode. I am intrigued, though. What happened to Arata? What made him who he was? I want to know more.

3) Does the plot seem promising? Is there good rising action and a possible conflict? Or is just mindless blah blah?
This seems like the typical slice of life anime. Arata will meet people and learn things. Simple. It'll be interesting if the high schoolers find out he's an adult. That will be something to root for.

4) Do I like the characters? Do they have interesting backstories? Do they have interesting personalities and motivations?
I'm not a huge fan of Arata. He doesn't have a lot of personality. But the side characters? I'm interested in them. Who are they? What makes them special?

5) Do I like the art style?
Not really? Something seems off. I think it's their faces. It just looks strange to me. But their chibi forms are CUTE.


Verdict:
I don't know. This is an interesting anime. I want to see how it goes.

Have you seen these animes? What are your thoughts?

No comments :

Post a Comment