Sushi Book Tag: A Guest Post By Anna from 'Unquenchable Reads'

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Today, we have a guest poster for the Summer Blog Promo Tour. This was originally started by The Book Bratz. Check them out here. Without a further ado, here's Anna from Unquenchable Reads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! I'm Anna from Unquenchable Reads and I'm the first stop on the Summer Blogger Promo Tour for Wren. I'm so excited for this year's tour and it is going to be a ton of fun! Wren and I emailed for a little bit before deciding on what we should do. So, I am doing the Sushi Book Tag (because sushi is one of the best foods ever in my opinion <3 ) and you'll have to keep checking back on my blog to see what post Wren does on my blog later on :) This tag was created by Unicorn Hunter Books on Youtube. 

Unagi: 
What book sounds strange but is really amazing? 


Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. 
Someone at school asked "what is that even about?" so I explained it. They replied "that's weird" then turned around. But it's a super amazing book! I don't think it sounds weird, but I thought that was an opportunity to tell that story quickly. I know it isn't a great story, but I thought I would tell it anyway. 

Rainbow Roll:
What book has too many layers? 


House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.
I haven't read House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, but I've flipped through the book multiple times at Barnes and Noble and wow. It looks super complicated. There looks to be so many layers of plot in that book. I can't think of one that has too many layers that I've read so...... 

Inari:
What series should have more books? 


The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
Maybe The Infernal Devices trilogy? It's my favorite series so far that's in the Shadowhunter world. I feel like a lot more could have maybe been explained or maybe just have everything at a slower pace with more side scenes. OOH! 


Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin
Or the Mara Dyer trilogy. That series needs so much more to be explained and I feel like one more book in Mara's POV would help explain it. 

Fish eggs
What book do you feel bad for not reading? 


City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas, The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
I have too many. I feel bad about not reading City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas, and The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey are just a few examples (yet, I feel bad for not reading them yet). 

Sashimi: 
What book is great even without a crucial element of its genre (i.e. a sci-fi book without aliens, a fantasy without magic)? 


The Island by S. Usher Evans is a fantasy novel that doesn't have magic and is amazing. If you don't know what it's about, The Island is about a kingdom and a rebelling land. There is a war going on that interferes with two people's lives, forcing them to meet. They have to learn to survive if they want to live. 

Avocado Roll:
What book is great in its simplicity? 


The Kiss of the Rose Princess by Aya Shouto
The Kiss of the Rose Princess manga was very simple, yet it was so good! I loved the series. 

What is your favorite kind of sushi? 
My favorite sushi roll is one of the following: the Crazy roll, Philadelphia roll, or the Spicy Tuna roll. 

Thank you Wren for having me! I hope you booklovers have a lovely day and happy reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment