What Went Down: June 2016

Friday, July 1, 2016
Ah, June. The start of summer vacation and the anime binge-a-thons. I'm so happy to have time to write posts! Finally! I'll have a lot of posts for July.
But...onto the important stuff.

Eternal Book Devourer

I was in a bad, bad reading slump this month. I read only THREE books.
This is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer. I didn't really like this book. It was quirky? And really...different. But not a favorite. 3/5 
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. This was an interesting LGBT+ book. (Which was pretty good for June which is Pride Month.) But I didn't really like it... 3/5


This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. I didn't like the start of this book. But it wasn't too bad overall. Pretty good. REVIEW TO COME. 4.5/5

I Am A Boss Blogger (And This Is Proof)

My Posts
I participated in The Crown's Game readalong, and I wrote a review for it! 

I started the switch to anime posts. So I have basically no new bookish posts. I might find a coblogger who does book posts. To get the Lit in Litaku covered.

I did THREE episode analyses for anime. 
Episode 9 of the spring 2016 anime Kiznaiver (Which I spelled wrong for the longest time...and is about friendship and troubled romance) 

And I reviewed the anime Fate/Stay Night. And wondered...why?


Blogosphere Posts (Mostly book ones...)

Event Stuff
We're about to announce the teachers/schedule for InterBlogCon. It's coming up, guys! It's on July 16 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm EST.
And we started a Twitter

I Do Not Watch Too Much Anime (And Other Lies I Tell Myself)

I watched/finished NINE animes this month. Woot woot! (Guess how many that'll be back when school starts.)
The spring season is ending with Kiznaiver, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress coming to a close. As I write this, I've seen the last episode of Bungou but not Kiznaiver. SOON! And Kabaneri has one last episode. So far.

I watched:
  • Fate/Stay Night. I felt like this was overrated...so. 3/5
  • Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. This was sooo good. I loved the magic and the friendship. Team Ugo forever. 5/5

  • Your Lie in April. This anime was one of the saddest I've seen. It's soooo sad. But it's gorgeous. Especially if you love music. 5/5
  • Baccano. I felt like this too was overrated. I didn't really like it. It had a confusing story line, and I just couldn't keep up with the massive cast. 2.5/5
  • Toradora. Most people love this anime. But I didn't? The love dodechedron was annoying. I hate thingsl like that. 2.5/5
And all the spring 2016/airing anime:
  • Space Patrol Luluco. This was a cute and short anime. Reminisicnet of Hetalia... 3/5
  • Kiznaiver. At first, I didn't like this anime. But it got better. It got sad and romance-y. But it was done really well. I haven't seen the last episode. So no rating. Yet.
  • Bungou Stray Dogs. Agh. I can't believe this is over. It's an interesting anime with a plot twist at the end. Aka we need season two now. 4/5
  • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. This is interesting. People say it's an AOT copy...which isn't true really. Sorta. Kinda. Maybe. But it's cool. And Ikoma is cool. It's cool. Plus, the OP is awesome. It's by the same group that did the Guilty Crown OST. So...I'm in love. I haven't finished it yet. So no rating!
And let's do something new!
Which anime do I recommend?

RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Fantasy: Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. This anime has awesome magic. It's about Alibaba and Aladdin who are complete strangers but form a connection. I love that. The two of them go through a lot. The animation is pretty awesome, and I love all the characters. 
  • Slice of life/shoujo: Your Lie in April. It's a sweet anime about love and first love. And about hurt and loss. And overcoming your fears. And, of course, music. Kousei's story is empowering and wonderful. I truly love it. Be warned that you might cry. A lot.
  • Supernatural: Bungou Stray Dogs. This anime is good. I admit it. The animation is awesome. The OP is even better. You have Atsushi, a seemingly innocent boy, who joins a group of gifted people who solve crimes. But there's a sinister organization to defeat. And interesting powers.

Overall: Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. Just beautiful awesomeness. Why didn't I watch this sooner?

Daily Lives of High School Peoples (aka Wren)

  • I helped out with a summer camp. And the kids dunked me with water. FUN. 
  • I got a whole bunch of book mail. Which I love! Check out my unboxing here.
  • I started this weight loss program. Which I don't like. Sorta. I don't eat breakfast. wich I don't do anyways. Yay for waking up late!
  • I got Nishinoya. The Nendoroid I mean. He's sooo cute. He's sitting next to me right now. 

  • I went to BFest. And I got ARCs and samplers. (Including History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. WHO IS SUPER COOL.) I might do a booksfortrade soon. Maybe. And I saw Nicola Yoon! Eek!

What did you do this month? Enjoying summer break? What summer anime are you looking forward to?


No comments :

Post a Comment