What Went Down: April 2016

Monday, May 2, 2016

Eternal Book Devourer

Okay! I read...drum roll...NINE books. I am officially out of my reading slump! WOOHOO!


But none of the books I read really wowed me. Oh well. There's always next month! 
And I tried to do more photos...but failed. Again.


Wink Poppy Midnight: This book was strange. I didn't particularly understand it...but I don't understand many of these artsy books. So...3.5.
Genius: The Game: This was actually a super cool book. I didn't realize it at first. But it's amazing! I loved the tension and the characters. A definite 4. PS: I got this as an eARC for Nori's SST!


The Way I Used to Be: Uh...I didn't really like this book. I got annoyed at the MC. She really made me mad. 3. 


Kill the Boy Band: I didn't know what to think. This book is why fangirls get bad rep. And I hated it because of that. 3. PS: I got this from the Guardian's children book review site!
The Abyss Surrounds Us: Many people praise this book for its LGBT representation. But I got annoyed at the romance (as I usually do.) While the main character was...okay, I felt like thee could have been way more. The premise had promise ,but it didn't live up to my expectations. 3.
Air Awakens: I was waiting excitedly for this book, but I felt a little let down. There wasn't a whole lot of magic. Sure, Vhalla and Aldrik's relationship is pretty awesome, but I wanted more from Vhalla. Even though I adored Baldair and Aldrik. Cute boys can't make up for a boring MC. 3.
Venemous Kiss/Belladonna: I didn't read the first book...but I could understand the second book pretty well. I didn't mind it, actually. There were too many supernatural elements for (what seemed to be) a historical fiction. And the MC annoyed me. But the tension is GREAT. 3. PS: I read this for Paper Lantern Lit!
Hour of Mischief: Hm...steampunk...with gods...wha? I'm super confused. The MC and her love interest are  AWESOME. I'd love to meet them. But the mythology and the world are confusing. I'm left bewildered. 3. PS: I got this from my school's book club!
A Fierce and Subtle Poison: What do you even say with this book? Sure, I did read it massive reading binges. But still! It made no sense. I was reading a lot of babbling. 2.

I Am A Boss Blogger (And This Is Proof)

Blogosphere Posts

Event Stuff
I had my first anime watchalong Get You Into Haikyuu with my friend Em! (Link above)
And I did Testing Day for IBC! Thanks to the peope who showed up!

I Do Not Watch Too Much Anime (And Other Lies I Tell Myself)

I watch too much anime. Always.
This month wasn't too bad... I think.


Durarara x2 Shou: I hate that this series is divided into three parts. Which sucks. But I do love the story. And I miss these characters. 4.
One Punch Man: Why did I wait to watch this? It's amazing! I love the humor. And Saitama is so sweet. 4.5.
Joker Game: I just started watching this. Weekly. It's weird. I don't really like it. But I won't rate it yet.
Haikyuu: I watched this for Get You Into Haikyuu. And loved it. It's amazing. I loved Asahi and Nishinoya. And the teamwork...and the second half of the plot. 5.
Bungou Stray Dogs: I watched this weekly too. It's weird. But Dazai is AWESOME. He's so smart. I admire that. Atushi is super boring, though. And I won't rate this either.
RWBY Season 3 (3 episodes): This show is insane. And that ending left me with all the feels! I can't wait for the next season (?)

Daily Lives of High School Peoples (aka Wren)

  • I went to Nort Texas Teen Book Festival. And met a lot of people! And I did a recap.
  • And I met Adam Silvera. He's very tall... (I also got an interview with him. I wrote an article for my school paper.)
  • I also made a YouTube channel. Which I won't post a lot on.
  • I began craming for my AP exams. (Calc AB and WHAP, in case you're wondering.)
  • My birthday happened too. And I went to a Japanese festival. And won a goldfish which I named Harold. (Then he died...)
  • I got my first Akibento! Which was a bit disappointing.
  • Editor applications for my school newspaper started! I hope to be the page editor or entertainment editor.
  • And, if we're still talking about my school paper, we began the May issue's pages. WHICH IS FREAKING ME OUT.
  • I started a new writing project with people at my writing club. It's gonna be INSANE.

No comments :

Post a Comment