Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This Week's Topic:

Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught 

I decided to mix things up this week. Instead of books on my syllabus if I taught X 101, I decided to make a list of ten books I think high schools should have on their required reading syllabus.
Have you seen some of those lists? Absolutely blegh. So here's my list.

20821111

This book has awesome females with awesome powers. Gender equality! And it also has antiheroes. Not all main characters are the 'good' guys.

15863832


This book has a badass girl. Gender equality again. And she knows lots of self-defense. That's just a plus in general.

12000020


This book has TWO LGBT characters. And they're MAIN CHARACTERS. AND they are minorities. 

22896551


This book explores a different side of LGBTTQQIAAP . The I in that acronym is for intersex. I honestly didn't know about intersex before this book.

22736613



Five words.
It's okay to be gaaayyy.

23848184


This book is about friendship. (Rare!) And minorities. (Rare as well!)

11366397


This book talks about depression in a new way. It doesn't hold back, though, and it tells the spiral of depression in a new and creative way.

9917938


This book has a huge emphasis on family. And keeping promises. Woohoo!

9361589


Just had to add this book.
Because magic. 
You gotta believe in magic and the impossible. 

13628178


This book talks about fitting in and being different. Definitely important. 

3 comments :

  1. I love The Night Circus! That book is so magical and dude that writing! It blew me away!
    I really want to read Ari and Dante. It sounds like a beautiful read, and I have a copy so I have to take it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty awesome. Very magical. ;)

      It's not bad. Very interesting. Definitely check it out!

      Delete
  2. Awk, I haven't even read HALF OF THESE. *sentences self to the corner of shame* I do so love Aristotle and Dante, and it should totally be required reading. ;) Also yessss to The Program! I didn't expect to adore that book so much BUT I DID IT WAS JUST MINDBLOWINGLY GOOD.

    ReplyDelete